U.S. Vision is the seventh largest retail optical chain in the United States. We have been engaged in the retail optical business since 1967. We are the second largest independent operator of optical stores in host retailers in terms of store count and the first in terms of the number of brands. We are located in 47 states and across Canada. We operate a state-of-the-art manufacturing laboratory in Glendora, NJ.
We offer competitive pay and unique benefits including:
We are seeking a Talented Financial Analyst to join our team!
This position reports to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis. The qualified individual will be responsible for various aspects of the monthly financial statement closing process; preparation of internal and external financial statements; preparation of analytics as part of monthly/quarterly reporting to management; assisting with annual audits by outside public accountants. This role will provide the qualified individual with a well-rounded understanding of the Company, and opportunity in a dynamic environment.
- Prepare consolidating financial statements for a holding company with multiple operating entities
- Lead the timely preparation of in-depth financial management reporting package, including discussion and analysis of results
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly board reporting, and presentations to lenders and other external constituents
- Develop reporting tools including Oracle-based reporting, Access data sets, Excel models, and other reporting and decision support tools which the team and Company may employ
- Create, ensure quality assurance, and disseminate targeted financial and KPI / metric reports to relevant executives and managers
- Assist with the coordination of the external audit
- Provide technical accounting guidance, research accounting and disclosure requirements on new or potential business transactions
- Develop presentations and other projects as assigned
- Power user with Microsoft Excel is a must
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA desirable
- 3+ years of experience in accounting/reporting and/or public accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong foundation in accounting and reporting using ERP-type systems; experience with Oracle a plus
- Experience in the Retail industry a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving capability
- Strong organization skills
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills; ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial resources
- Must be highly motivated & have a strong drive for results
- Ability to take direction, implement changes and follow up as needed
- Ability to focus on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload and re-prioritize as necessary
- Willing to work extended hours when working toward deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
US Vision is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive, accessible workplace. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. US Vision is a drug-free work place. We participate in the E-Verify program.